- Includes the most up-to-date scientific evidence about vaping, vetted by top experts in the field.
- Increases students’ knowledge about vapes and builds perceived risks of vaping.
- Reduces students’ intentions to begin vaping.
- Provides discussion - and activity - based learning.
TURNKEY, READY-TO-USE TOOLKIT
- Presents step-by-step lessons that allow for immediate use by instructors, even those with limited prevention experience or vaping knowledge.
- Includes five one-hour lessons with videos, discussion guides, and handouts.
- Provides flexibility to adapt lessons to fit any schedule, venue, or group size.
USER-FRIENDLY ONLINE DASHBOARD
- Enables easy online access to videos, discussion guides, and handouts.
- Supports multiple instructors and tracks student progress and program outcomes.*
- Engages students via lesson-specific online quizzes and additional content.*
A MEDIA-BASED ONLINE TOOLKIT
FOR YOUTH VAPING PREVENTION
CONSULTING SERVICESFindings and outcomes related to the evaluation of the AVOID toolkit will be published in written briefs and peer-reviewed journals and presented at national conferences.
Congratulations to KDHRC researchers Nikki Wanty, Joncel Stephens, and president Kristen Holtz, for their recent publication in the Journal of Clinical Medicine!...
In late August, KDHRC attended the National Conference on Tobacco or Health (NCTOH) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. While in attendance, KDHRC presented...
To promote AVOID, a media-based online toolkit for vape prevention for youth ages 12 to 16, and gain program development insight from leaders in the anti-drug community...
See below for our packages for schools/organizations to purchase a one-year site license.
Each site license offers unlimited access to AVOID by teachers and students in that location.
Click here for district-wide or multi-site licensing packages
AVOID currently includes five one-hour lessons with videos, discussion guides, and handouts for immediate implementation by a facilitator. AVOID was last updated February 2020. Updates with exciting new features planned for 2020 and beyond.
Anti-Vaping Online Information Dissemination (AVOID) is pleased to provide a gap funding scholarship (GFS) program.
The GFS program helps extend the budget of under-resourced schools and organizations who seek to address youth vaping prevention in their communities using the AVOID program. To learn more about this program, click here.
Reach out through the contact form below if you have any questions about the AVOID program.